Monday, January 21, 2013

Oh Great. It's Snowing Now...

I really need a sarcasm font.
I'm not a fan of snow. When you're a kid, it's all sledding and hot cocoa. As an adult (or more specifically, a parent), it's all shoveling and making the hot cocoa, only to hear your kid scream "IT'S TOO HOT! I BURNED MY TONGUE!" after you repeatedly tell them to wait to drink it. It's below freezing out right now and it's only going to be in the 20s tomorrow.
Ugh! So after venting a bit, I tried to find some good in this day and I have. Fellow baseball fans, rejoice with me: SPRING TRAINING IS A MERE THREE WEEKS AWAY! Since New York's football season is over (grumble grumble gripe gripe), I'm eagerly awaiting the start of baseball season. I have my jerseys and t-shirts pressed and ready! Well, they're ready. I don't iron. Ever.
My goal for this week is to straighten out my den/office. I started over the weekend, giving it a major overhaul. Even though there is stuff everywhere, it just looks better. I'm not into feng shui (is that how you even spell it?) or anything, but this is already helping me relax and find inspiration. I feel like all I do is move the junk and papers from place to place with no real organization. That has to change and it will this week. I'm determined to do it.

Being that it is Martin Luther King Jr Day, I feel compelled to share one of my fave quotes from him.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness. Only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate. Only love can do that."

4 comments:

  1. LOL...I wish I had a sarcasm font sometimes too. And girl, I thought I was the only one who NEVER irons. Glad to know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way are you alone! I avoid it like the plague.. lol

      Delete
  2. A sarcasm font is a really good idea!

    I don't iron either. My husband has a few shirts and pants that HE irons, I make it a point never to touch that thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote on our last ironing board that I don't iron as a reminder. I lost count how many times my adopted Mom would teach me when I was younger, but I just can't do it..

      Delete