Yay! I was nominated for a Liebster Blog Award.
Wait. What's that?
Glad you asked :)
It means someone thinks I'm a noteworthy blogger. Liebsters are given by bloggers to other bloggers with less than 200 followers that they feel could use some recognition. I have always loved to write. It's a passion of mine and I try to keep my writing as real as possible, so it's nice to be recognized for that. Back in high school, I received the Journalism award for being on the school paper for two years. I have the plaque hanging on my office wall. My first blog was started about 7 years ago now, around the time I got engaged. I blogged about wedding planning and what was happening every step of the way. My next blog was about my daughter. I wish I had kept up with that one.
Thanks so much and lots of hugs to Ashly from Epiphanies of Ashly for the nomination! She is one of my favorite bloggers because she is real and funny. Her posts have just the right amount of sarcasm and hilarity to keep a reader entertained.
Here are the rules:
1. You have to list 11 things about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions sent to you be the person who nominated you.
3. Choose UP TO 11 bloggers that have less than 200 followers.
4. Go to your nominees page and inform them of their award.
5. You CAN NOT tag back.
Without further ado, 11 things about me...
1. I have 12 siblings.
2. When I took the 11th grade writing test, my teacher informed me that whoever graded my exam said I was the first student in years to get all the spelling and vocabulary right. It made me both proud and sad.
3. I'm mad you can only find Bailey's chocolates in stores around Christmas.
4. My favorite saying lately is "It is what it is".
5. I shrank 2.5 inches in the past eight years thanks to a car accident that compressed my spine and a pregnancy that did further damage.
6. I have a mini binder that I absolutely love. I've named it Booklyn. (Don't judge me!)
7. Shel Silverstein is my favorite poet.
8. If I hit the lottery, I would call all my family and friends. If you answer, you can have some money. If you don't, you can kick rocks.
9. Whole wheat Ritz crackers were a genius idea!
10. I don't like eating Cheerios without milk and a banana cut up and dumped in.
11. When I was younger, I thought the people on the front of magazines and newspapers could see me. I would hide them if I was using the bathroom. I'm cracking up as I type this.
Now onto Ashly's questions:
1. How long have you been blogging and what made you start?
About 7 years ago, I started a blog when I got engaged. It answered mundane questions about our wedding and stuff.
2. Coke or Pepsi?
3. What is your dream job?
Getting paid for doing nothing.
4. What city do you live in?
I'm an hour west of New York City out on Long Island. I'm also an hour away from the Hamptons.
5. What was your high school mascot?
6. Would you rather be a bird or a fish and why?
Whichever was endangered so I wouldn't be shot or hunted.
7. What is the greatest award you've ever received?
Probably the Journalism Award I got in high school.
8. IPhone or Droid?
I love my Blackberry, but I have a soft spot for my iPhone as well.
9. Do you have pets? If so, how many and what are they?
I have 3. Two pugs and a rabbit. 4 if you count my husband when he's being a slob.
10. What do you want to be for Halloween this year?
A corpse, so I could sleep and be left alone.
11. Top 3 favorite movies?
Wedding Crashers, the Great Muppet Caper, Mrs Doubtfire
Now that I have answered the questions, it's my turn to tag a few people and ask them some questions. These are blogs that I read as often as I can. I don't always get the chance to comment, but I always make it a point to check them out..
1. The Bad & Ugly of Retro Food
2. Eight Are We: The Pursuit of Blendedly Blissful
3. Nanny to Mommy
4. Hot Shot Blogger
5. Adventures From Beyond the Crib
6. The Pink Momma
7. Stone Soup Tales
8. Wedded Bliss & Blooming Baby
Here are the questions I have for you..
1. Name something you can't go a day without doing.
2. If you were given the keys to a time machine, where would you go and why?
3. Do you prefer blue or black ink?
4. What's the last thing you regretted buying?
5. Who is your favorite cartoon character?
6. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
7. What's #1 on your Bucket List?
8. Name the first song that comes to mind.
9. If you could trade lives with anyone, who would it be?
10. What's your favorite game show?
11. Do you own more books than movies?
Well, there it is. Happy Nominations everyone!
Thanks again, Ashly. You're the best!