Thursday, August 23, 2012

Grow Up Already! -Rant-

I have been friends with C since high school. Well, if you want to call it that.
C is one of those people that will call you incessantly if she needs a shoulder to cry on or an ear to listen. If she is in crisis, everyone has to rally around her. If you need her? She's nowhere to be found. You text and get no response. You call and no call back. You do whatever you can to help make her life easier but heaven forbid she go out of her way to help you. she won't even call you for your birthday, but she will get upset if you don't want to drive the 4 hours to visit her for hers. Everyone says, "Well that's her." Well then, she is a selfish ass that I don't need to be bothered with anymore.

Now onto my sister. She barely acknowledged my 30th birthday last year. She said it was no big deal because no one got to celebrate their birthdays. Ummm... You made a huge deal when your friends turned 30. Everyone gets a party but me? For the record, she is already planning her 30th, which is another 3 years away. When I complain, what am I told? "She's the baby." ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! She is 27 years old! It's time to grow up already.

The most ridiculous part about all this is these two are the ones who are always telling me how to live my life! Both seem to have this idea in their heads that I need 'help' and they are the ones qualified to give it to me. They always give me relationship advice (which, if you knew these two, is a joke!), parenting advice (neither has kids nor is even close to it), the list goes on..

WHAT?!

I don't talk to my sister often anymore because I'm tired of her stupid opinions. It's sad because we used to be close. I have given up on C because I'm weeks away from 31 and it's time to rid myself of excess baggage. It's time to shake off the people who aren't worth having around anymore.

Have you ever had to limit contact with someone? Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment