Sunday, July 1, 2012

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 1

"Five Ways To Win Your Heart"

1. BE HONEST!
As I have previously posted, nothing is more annoying than dishonesty. Even if the truth hurts, I will respect you for telling it. If you promise to be honest, I promise to go easy on the "loaded" questions.

2. UNDERSTAND MY FAMILY IS COMPLICATED.
My family is complicated. I'm adopted so there is the adopteds and the biologicals. I need a piece of paper and a flowchart to explain it all. Some of my friends have known me over a decade and still have to ask "Which sibling is that?" You have to win over both my families to score big points with me.

3. DON'T TRY TO FIX MY PROBLEMS!
I hold stress in all the time. I don't like to burden people with my problems so when I vent, it's just that. I'm spilling what's on my mind. I don't want your solutions, unless I ask, which is highly unlikely. In turn, I will let you vent about whatever you need to and will not give 'helpful hints' unless asked.

4. PAY ATTENTION.
If you can make a mental note every time the words "I love that" or "I hate that" come out of my mouth, we'll be just fine. Don't assume I am like every other person you've known. I would rather you ask me what flowers I like (blue carnations please!) than waste your money on red roses (I prefer peach anyways). Actually, if you really got to know me, you would know I kill plants (I don't know how it happens but they just die in my care) and  I would rather you get me something else. Pay attention to subtle hints.

5. TALK TO ME!
This is huge. Communication is a two-way street. It's very important for both people to share their likes, dislikes, life stories, funny anecdotes or other things that make you laugh. It makes me feel like you are opening up your world to me, wanting me to be a part of it.

There you have it. Five ways to win me over. I could go on but the challenge said 5 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment