Saturday, July 28, 2012

Blog Challenge: Day 24

"Something That You Miss"

If you have read any of my previous blog posts, you will note that one thing I really miss is my Mother. Since that is pretty well-known, I will discuss something else I miss. I long for the life I used to lead before I had to deal with arthritis. 

I never had numbness, pain, stiffness or back issues despite my penchant for lifting heavy things. I worked in a home improvement place and if there was no one available, I had to trek back to the receiving department and lift the door, window or whatever myself. The customer never accepted the "no one is available to go back there to get it" argument, so it was up to me. I knew how to lift and while I was sore some days, it was nothing a low-grade pain pill (like Advil) couldn't fix.

I used to be able to hang out with my friends all night, go home to shower, go to a 6am-Sunday meeting, return home to eat and get dressed for work then work a 10-hour shift. Now, I'll be out and it will get to around midnight and there I am, in the corner, fighting off sleep and chugging coffee to keep myself up on the drive home. Yikes!

What do you miss?

No comments:

Post a Comment