Monday, July 30, 2012

"Beautiful In My Eyes"

After posting, I realized this is post #47 on my blog. My Mother was 47 when she lost her battle with MS in 2000. I didn't plan that but that's crazy it happened that way...

I am a certified PINhead. That's right. My favorite addiction is Pinterest. Tonight, I realized I was up to Pin #1000. It may sound a little pathetic, but I wanted to post something meaningful. Blech, I know. I polled my friends and since I love music so much, a few suggested a video (although not before ribbing me for caring so much about something so trivial). I went through my Spotify lists and found one that means a ton to me. The last visit I had with my Mother (who passed February 2000) was in January 2000. My brother had taken me to her nursing home with him. While there, he went on the hunt for the soda and snack machines. While he was gone, I sang for my Mother. It was the first time I had ever done so seriously and evidently, the last time I had the chance to. I was grateful for those few minutes alone with her. She had tears in her eyes when I finished and hugged her. It was a moment I will never forget the rest of my life.
Here it is. Grab your favorite hankie and cry with me...
Joshua Kadison - "Beautiful In My Eyes"

Do you have a song that reminds you of a loved one that has passed on?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful song! Whenever I hear Amazing Grace, any version of it, it reminds me of my Mother. She passed in 1982 when I was 11. It was one of her favs! It always brings tears to my eyes, yet smiles to my face. ~hugs~ to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing! It's wonderful that music can do so much for our emotions..

      Delete