Monday, July 16, 2012

Blog Challenge: Day 15

"Your Zodiac Sign & If You Think It Fits Your Personality"

According to Huffington Post's Horoscope section (HERE):

Your Biggest Strength: Your ability to focus your attention

Your Potential Weakness: Need for perfection gets in the way of enjoyment


Yeah I get that.. I can focus on anything and I don't usually enjoy my daughter's birthday parties because I am so busy making sure everyone has what they need when they need it that I neglect to stop and take a minute to drink it all in. That is spot on.


According to VirgoPersonality.Org, Virgo personality traits are as follows:

Virgo Personality Traits

  • They are often called flicker minded person.

  • They have a good reputation for civility and mannerism.

  • They have the precision and detail which is required for projects on the professional front.

  • They are perfectionist

  • They are known to have high patience level

  • They are creative and skilled.

  • They are inwardly reflective

  • They are introvert

  • They are associated with dissemination of energy.

  • They are renowned for their social graces and courteousness.

  • They signify duality in life, adaptable nature and can easily switch from one thing to another.

  • They are known to be very courageous.

  • They are loyal and warm towards the relations.

  • They love being independent, free from any shackles of life.

  • They also possess little pride and are materialistic.


Okay, let's get into this. I don't consider myself 'flicker-minded' per se. I try my best to stay on the task at hand, but when I am feeling rushed or under the gun, I am all over the place, flitting from one task to the next and eventually finishing them all. 
If by civil, they mean I try to not get involved in other people's arguments, then that is totally me. I always try to stay out of things and if I am dragged in, I make it a point to express my distaste for being put in the middle.
There is a thin line between having an eye for precision and detail and being a perfectionist. I do expect things to go a certain way. I plan things down to the letter. I brainstorm until I have everything figured out and try to leave no stone unturned, as they say.
If you have ever met my in-laws, you will be able to confirm that my patience level is ridiculously high. It is amazing what those two say and do. They drive me to my breaking point a lot. My patience level has increased tremendously since knowing them.
Creative and skilled. Hmm. Yup. Not to toot my own horn, but I'm awesome! Some of the things I come up with leave people scratching their heads then applauding. 
Inwardly reflective and an introvert. True story! I would rather stew over my own problems, suss it out with my, myself and I than burden someone else with trivial matters. My "me" time is few and far far between but I do enjoy it when it comes. 
Do I spread energy? I guess in a way I do. Love, light and all that jazz. I try to keep things positive whether I feel that way or not. 
I can show grace under pressure and am always courteous to those who don't deserve it. 
I don't adapt well and my coping skills, while pretty good, are off most days. I don't like change. I deal with it, but I hate it.
If you know everything I've been through, I guess you could say I have the courage to keep going. Life always tries to find some way to knock me down, but I just keep forging on.
I am loyal to a fault. My family and friends mean everything to me. It is hard for me to turn my back on anyone, no matter how badly they treat me. I always try to see the good in people, what little there sometimes is.
I love being independent. It bothers me greatly that I am not as free-spirited as I used to be. I would rather have people be dependent on me than me depending on others.
I am not materialistic. If I want a nice bag, I am not above going to a flea market or other retailer. I don't have to have brand name things. To say I have little pride is a lie. I'm a proud person and stubborn as a mule. I don't like to ask for help. I would rather just do it myself.

So I guess, according to these two sources, YES. The Virgo traits are indeed my own.
What's your sign? Do you believe it says who you are? 

No comments:

Post a Comment