Saturday, July 28, 2012

Blog Challenge: Day 22

"Your Academics"


Well, I finished high school. That sounds bad but I'm actually proud of that. So much happened in life that could have caused me to just give up and stop trying. Failing grades, a stint in the nuthouse, a huge blowout with my parents, me moving out of my parent's house, my biological Mother's death... That was all in 13 months. It happened all from January 1999 to February 2000. If it wasn't for my English Teacher, I don't know if I would have ever gotten out of high school at all. I probably would have dropped out.
That being said, I loved my writing classes. Computer Journalism was to write for the school paper. Creative Writing was just awesome. My classmates and I spent hours creating hilariously dirty stories that I think I even have one somewhere. Our teacher would come over as we cracked up and ask what we were doing and we would all scramble to hide the papers. Ha!
I hated Science. I wanted to be a Veterinarian so bad until I got to biology. I was pretty much like "Screw this!" I hated the fact that we had to do swimming for gym class. Ugh! Twenty females fighting over 6 hair dryers is NOT fun! Let's not forget putting those wet clothes in a plastic bag to rot in your locker until you went home. UGH! Math was tolerable for me. I wasn't exceptionally good at it but I wasn't bad either.
I took five years of French. I could probably find my way around Paris (a dream come true!) but couldn't converse with the locals. How sad is that?

A few years ago, I did an online course but things kept happening and now the certificate is two years old. Everyone seems to want someone with experience anyways. Job hunting has not been fun for me. I ended up giving up. I will try again when Mini starts school full time in the fall.

Even though my friends branded me a 'nerd' at times, I really wasn't one. I just had a ridiculous memory capacity for useless info. In fact, I still do :)

What were you like in high school? College?

No comments:

Post a Comment