Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Blog Challenge: Day 17

"Something You're Proud Of"

I am extremely proud of my daughter and how she is growing up. Honestly, I didn't think I would be any good at being a Mom, as I have probably stated before. She is 5 now and starting Kindergarten in the fall and I couldn't be more pleased with who she is turning into.
She copes with change a lot better than I do. When we moved out of our apartment into a house less than a year ago, she transitioned pretty easily. I'm sure the fact that she finally got her own room was a huge factor in that though :)
She is pretty well-behaved. She, like any other child, has her moments where I question if she is an evil minion in disguise but she listens if I correct her.
Events in my life have caused me to be leery of people in general and I was really concerned when I was pregnant. I wondered if I was going to be able to attach to a child. She respects me enough to listen even if I have to raise my voice. Even when she really drives me crazy, she reminds me somehow that we are still connected and have an incredible bond.
At times, I feel like my heart will burst with love for her. Some moments, the heart bursting feels more like a heart attack. Things happen, but I think her and I will be okay.
I'm proud of myself for being able to overcome my past and forge ahead in the Mommy journey.

What are you proud of?

No comments:

Post a Comment